There are some common mistakes that sometimes take place when starting a Keto Diet. You’ve watched a friend lose 3 dress sizes in 2 months and you want the same, but you aren’t losing!
- Throw the Scale away! Take your measurements before you start. Most of us know how our clothes fit us – so watch how your clothes start to fall off. You can weigh yourself, but don’t do it every day. Once a month is all I recommend to my people.
- Maybe you’re not eating enough fat. Most people think of a keto diet as high protein and low carb. A keto diet is High Fat, Medium Protein and low carb. High fat means about 70% of your diet is fat. Buy Avocados – they are the healthiest food on the planet. High in fat and very healthy for you. So you say you don’t like avocados plain – make guacamole – put it on your eggs, mix it with your eggs, use it as mayonnaise. Cook with coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil or butter. If you’re making steak, melt butter on top of it. It’s amazing.
- You’re eating way too much protein! Too much protein turns to carbohydrates as it digests. A good portion size for me is about the size of the palm of my hand which is normally 3-6oz per meal. Add in lots of veggies – the ones grown above the ground are less in carbs than the ones that are grown under the ground.
- Not enough water can be another problem. Your goal should be about half your body weight in ounces of water. I won’t say this is easy, because there are days when I struggle with this as well. But at least shoot for lots of water.
- Also alcohol, for the most part, is high in sugars – so know what alcohol you can consume without it affecting your blood sugar. Stay tuned for future posts to figure out grams of carbs on alcohol.
If you continue to not see results and want to discuss what is going on please feel free to comment and we can talk about what is going on in your life both food wise and stress wise.
Have a Happy and Healthy Lifestyle today!!!!