The Best Keto Chicken Taco Soup
Thick, creamy and loaded with shreds of chicken, this Keto Chicken Taco Soup is an easy & quick recipe that can be made in the instant pot, crock pot or top of the stove with precooked chicken.
- 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth or bone broth
- 10 ounce can Rotel Tomatoes (diced with green chilis)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch seasoning mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crock pot
- In a skillet, heat avocado oil on medium heat then add peppers, onion, and minced garlic.
- While you are sauteeing the veggies add all of the other ingredients to the Crockpot including the cream cheese on top of the chicken.
- Add the sauteed veggies to the crockpot and stir to combine.
- Slow cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred into chunks then add back to the crockpot. Whisk to mix the cream cheese into the mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!