Keto Twix Bars
Tender shortbread crust topped with sugar free caramel and milk chocolate.
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 tablespoons butter melted Caramel Filing
- 1/2 cup Swerve Brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla cream
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Topping
- 4 ounce sugar free milk chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 9×9″ pan with parchment paper, allowing some overhand for easy removal.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, and salt. Stir in the melted butter until the dough begins to clump together.
- Press mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and let cool completely. Caramel Filling
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the Swerve, butter, and xylitol. Bring to a boil and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until bubbling and the sweeteners have dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the cream and vanilla. The mixture will bubble vigorously. Sprinkle the surface with the xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine. Whisk in the salt.
- Bring the mixture back to a boil, and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbling thickly.
- Remove from heat and let caramel cool about 10 minutes, until thickened but still pourable. Pour over the cooled crust, making sure to spread to the edges.
- Place the pan in the freezer 1 to 2 hours to set the caramel. Topping
- Set a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Do not allow the bottom of the bowl to touch the water. Add the milk chocolate and stir until melted.
- Pour the chocolate over the caramel and spread to edges with a knife or offset spatula.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to set the chocolate before cutting into bars. You can cut long thin “Twix” bars or squares, your choice!
Recipe Courtesy of AlldayIdreamaboutfood.com