Ultra juicy, incredibly tender and totally delicious Keto Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef chuck*
- 1/2 cup ground pork rinds or 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons pink himalayan salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic finely minced or pressed
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet or pan over medium heat. Add the onion, a pinch of salt, and saute until it just begins to caramelize (6-8 minutes). Remove frm heat and set aside to cool.
- Add the ground meat, crushed pork rinds (or almond flour), Parmesan, heavy cream, parsley, cooked onion, egg, salt and pepper to a large bowl. Mix everything thoroughly together using your hands and taste for seasoning by cooking a small amount (only way around it!) Form into rounds (either 20 smallish ones or 14 large).
- Heat up a touch of olive oil (I use avocado oil) in your skillet over medium heat and cook the meatballs until brown all over and cooked through. You’ll want to turn them around a few times so they cook evenly. If you’ve got an instant thermometer, your meatballs are cooked through once they reach 165deg F in the center.
- Place the cooked meatballs on a paper towel to drain. If adding a sauce, heat up the sauce and then add the meatballs back into the mixture gently stirring before serving.
*I use ground deer burger with some chuck added. I have also substituted Italian seasoning for the parsley. Serve over Zoodles or mashed cauliflower.