Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels sprouts and Bacon will become your NEW favorite way to eat Brussels Sprouts! Pan fried Brussel Sprouts and bacon baked in a cheesy creamy garlic sauce, and topped with bubbling mozzarella and parmesan cheese! This recipe is guaranteed to convert ANY sprouts hating fan to fall in love with these little suckers!
- 10 ounces bacon, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds sprouts, washed (trim bottoms and cut sprouts in half)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups light cream, (or for a richer sauce, you can use heavy or thickened cream)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water cornstarch slurry
- 1/3 cup fresh shredded or grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Fry the bacon in a large oven0safe skillet over medium heat until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper towel lined plate to soak up some of the oil. Set aside.
- Drain most of the bacon fat from the pan, leaving about 1-2 tablespoons for added flavor (adjust this amount to your liking). In the same pan, melt the butter, then add the Brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and cook while stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes. The edges should start crisping and slightly charring.
- Add in the garlic and stir it through the sprouts for a minute, until fragrant. Pour in the cream, reduce heat down to low and allow them to simmer until tender (another 3-4 minutes).
- If the cream is too thin for your liking, add in the cornstarch slurry, stirring it through immediately until combined.
- Add the bacon in and give everything a good mix to combine all of the flavors together. Top the sprouts with the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Bake until cheese is bubbly and sprouts are done to your liking (about 15 minutes). If you like your cheese browned, change oven settings to broil for 2-3 minutes, until golden.
Recipe Courtesy of cafedelites.com