All Meat Veggie Chili
A Super Easy and Fun Chili
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil
- 1-1/2 cups onion, deiced, about 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup copped celery, about 1 stalk
- 1-1/2 cups carrots, peeled and diced, about 4 medium carrots
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 cups zucchinis, diced, about 2-3 medium zucchinis (I also add butternut squash)
- 1 15 ounce can tomato puree or tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- If you have to have beans in your chili – then go ahead and add black beans and kidney beans (this will make it so that it doesn’t conform to keto)
- In your seasoned skillet or 5-6 quart large cast iron pot, brown beef and garlic. Cook over medium heat until beef is thoroughly cooked and browned. Drain off excess fat, set aside.
- Add oil, onions, celery, carrots, and seasonings (I use 2 tablespoons of tastefully simple Wahoo! Chili Seasoning instead of the separate spices) to the skillet and cook until translucent over medium high heat, about 5-7 minutes. Once onions are golden and veggies are midway cooked, add zucchini and cook for 2 minutes, making sure you stir everything well.
- Add cooked beef, tomato puree/sauce, and tomatoes into the pot and stir well. Bring everything to a boil, stirring frequently, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Check on the amazing mixture every so often and stir. Serve immediately.
This is a very thick chili recipe. Add up to 1 cup of additional liquid (tomato sauce or water) to thin out the sauce if you prefer.