Keto Cheeseburger Casserole with Bacon
Bacon Cheeseburger without the Bun
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 yellow or orange pepper
- 1 pound no sugar bacon cooked and chopped
- 8 eggs (If you want a less eggy casserole, reduce eggs and add more beef. Mushrooms, onions and pickles are great add-ins)
- 1 can tomato paste 6 ounces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 12 ounces grated cheddar cheese divided
- Brown ground beef with garlic, onion and pepper.
- Drain excess grease, ten spread beef mixture on bottom of 9×13″ casserole pan.
- Stir bacon pieces into cooked beef.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, tomato paste, heavy cream, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Stir 8 ounces grated cheese into egg mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over beef and bacon.
- Top with remaining 4 ounces of grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top.