Super Tender and Moist Keto Pumpkin Cupcakes
These are my new favorite and easy desert
- Pumpkin Cupcakes:
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2-3 tablespoons Swerve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans Frosting:
- 5 ounces grass-fed butter at room temperature
- 5 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup powdered Swerve
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder *for chocolate version
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put cupcake papers in muffin tins. Set aside.
- Whisk together in a medium bowl almond four, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- Add eggs and Swerve to a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add in vanilla extract, vinegar, coconut oil and pumpkin puree and beat until just incorporated. Gradually add in the dry flour mixture, alternating with almond milk. Once fully incorporated, fold in pecans.
- Distribute batter evenly into pan. I don’t overfill them so I get 12 cupcakes. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes (covering with aluminum foil at 15) until deep golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan before removing, and cool completely on a rack before frosting.
- Make your cream cheese buttercream frosting while your cupcakes are cooling. Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
- Add the butter and cream cheese to a large bowl. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer until evenly combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and Swerve, one tablespoon at a time, and continue to beat until pale and fluffy (8-10 minutes). Feel free to scrape the bowl as needed and adjust sweetness to taste. Add vanilla extract and beat until fully incorporated.
- If making a chocolate version, sift the cocoa in one tablespoon at a time and beat until fully incorporated.
- One batch of frosting is enough for roughly 12 cupcakes.
Modified a little from the version that gnom-gnom.com posted.