Keto Blueberry Crumble Bars
Tasty, ooey, gooey blueberry crumble bars
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup Swerve (confectioners)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries and water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer 10 minutes, until the berries can be easily mashed. Mash them up a bit.
- Whisk in the sweetener, and then sprinkle the surface with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine. Let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut, sweetener, coconut flour and salt.
- Stir in the melted butter and the vanilla extract until the dough begins to clump together. Press half of the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan. Bake 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- Spread the crust with the blueberry filling and sprinkle with the remaining crust mixture. Press the top crust into the filling lightly to adhere.
- Bake another 20 to 25 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Let cool completely before cutting and serving. Store in the refrigerator.
If you decide to use frozen berries for this recipe, you may need to increase the cooking time on the filling.