Keto Cauliflower Mac 'N Cheese
Ultra cheesy and oh so good that has now become one of my favorites
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- pink salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon corn starch slurry (or 1-2 teaspoons arrowroot powder if you have it)
- 1-1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese or a mix of gruyere and cheddar
- Break up the cauliflower head into bite-sized florets and set aside.
- Add butter to a dutch oven or pot over medium/low heat and cook, stirring every so often until fully browned (4-6 minutes). Add heavy cream, mustard, garlic powder, black pepper, a generous pinch of salt and stir until combined.
- Add in the cauliflower bites, stir until evenly coated, cover with lid and simmer until softened but still retain a bite (10-15 minutes). Feel free to add a little extra salt now, keeping in mind you’ll be adding the cheese still.
- Make a corn starch slurry (mix the powder with a couple tablespoons of cold water). Add it to the cauliflower mixture and stir until thickened. Add in the cheese, stir until melted and serve right away!