Cheesy Chicken Marsala
Our tender three-cheese chicken dish in a rich mushroom marsala sauce is unbelievably easy -- and faster than going out to dinner.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 1-1/2 pounds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese about 1 oz.
- 1/4 cup shredded provolone cheese about 1 oz.
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese, about 1 oz.
- 3 tablespoons chopped, drained, oil-packed sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon oil – I use avocado oil
- 1 package baby portobello mushrooms sliced
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon all corn starch (or flour if not keto)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place each chicken piece between 2 sheets of wax paper. With flat side of meat mallet or heavy can covered with foil pound each piece to 3/4″ thickness.
- Sprinkle Chicken with salt and pepper. Place on jellyroll pan. Bake 15 minutes. Turn chicken; bake until almost done, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine cheeses, tomatoes, parsley and oregano. Remove chicken from oven. Sprinkle each piece with one-fourth of cheese mixtures, return to oven until cheese is melted and chicken is no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes. Transfer to platter.
- While chicken is cooking make sauce: In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 minutes. whisk together broth, wine and starch (flour); pour into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter until almost melted. Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with additional parsley, if desired.
- Serve with Mashed Cauliflower and green beans.