Zucchini and Goat Cheese Pinwheels
Such a healthy appetizer, tastes good and looks good too.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup thawed and well-drained frozen chopped spinach
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 long zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise (use a mandolin if you have one)
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to mash the cream cheese and goat cheese. Mix in the sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, basil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the pinwheels, spread a heaping teaspoon of the cheese mixture on each zucchini slice. Starting at one end, roll the zucchini toward the other end. Place the pinwheels upright on a serving tray.