Keto TexMex Casserole
Hearty and spicy like you daydream about
- 1-1/2 lbs ground beef
- 7 oz crushed tomatoes
- 2 oz pickled jalapenos
- 7 oz shredded cheese, for example Monterey Jack or shredded Mexican blend
- 1 cup crème fraiche (sour cream)
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 oz butter
- 1 cup guacamole, for serving (optional) Make Your Own Taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons onion powder or garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Fry the ground beef in butter, until cooked through and no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and tomatoes.
- Place the ground beef mixture in a baking dish. Top with jalapenos and cheese. Bake on upper rack in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Chop the chives finely and mix in with the sour cream.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole and a green salad.
Recipe Courtesy of the dietdoctor.com