Gluten Free & Keto Shrimp Zoodles with Pesto
A fresh, light Greek Inspired recipe perfect for summer
- For the Zoodles
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for cooking (I used butter and avocado oil)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 large shrimp peeled and deveined For the pesto
- 1/4 cup homemade pesto or store-bought
- kosher salt to taste To garnish
- lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- fresh basil ribboned
- black pepper freshly ground
- Cut the zucchini into noodles using a spiralizer (or buy ready shaped zoodles). Place in a sieve, sprinkle with salt, and allow water to drain for 5-10 minutes while you prep and cook the shrimp. This will ensure dry rather than soupy zoodles.
- Heat up oil in a skillet or pan over medium heat and add in garlic. Saute for a minute or to until just golden. Add in the shrimp, season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until pink and fully cooked. Move the shrimp to the side of the pan (or transfer to a plate) to cook the zoodles.
- Add in the drained zoodles and cook until lightly softened (but not fully cooked) 2-3 minutes. Don’t overcook. Mix in the pesto and serve right away with lemons, freshly grated Parmesan and basil.
Feel free to adjust the quantity of zoodles and pesto to fit your macros or your tastebuds. Recipe courtesy of gnom-gnom.com
One thought on “Gluten Free & Keto Shrimp Zoodles with Pesto”
[…] like brownies or maybe you love zesty lemon bars. Maybe you are looking for some dishes made with shrimp that are super easy to make or one of my all time favorites Keto Tex-Mex Casserole. Food […]