Gluten Free & Keto Shrimp Zoodles with Pesto
A fresh, light Greek Inspired recipe perfect for summer
- For the Zoodles
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for cooking (I used butter and avocado oil)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 large shrimp peeled and deveined For the pesto
- 1/4 cup homemade pesto or store-bought
- kosher salt to taste To garnish
- lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- fresh basil ribboned
- black pepper freshly ground
- Cut the zucchini into noodles using a spiralizer (or buy ready shaped zoodles). Place in a sieve, sprinkle with salt, and allow water to drain for 5-10 minutes while you prep and cook the shrimp. This will ensure dry rather than soupy zoodles.
- Heat up oil in a skillet or pan over medium heat and add in garlic. Saute for a minute or to until just golden. Add in the shrimp, season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until pink and fully cooked. Move the shrimp to the side of the pan (or transfer to a plate) to cook the zoodles.
- Add in the drained zoodles and cook until lightly softened (but not fully cooked) 2-3 minutes. Don’t overcook. Mix in the pesto and serve right away with lemons, freshly grated Parmesan and basil.