Chocolate Keto Mug Cake
Decadent Chocolate Treat
- 2 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter, coconut oil or ghee
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2-3 tablespoons erythritol or swerve (I use 2 tablespoons)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxseed meal or psyllium husk, finely ground
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- Melt butter in a medium (microwave safe) bowl. Whisk in the cocoa and sweetener to taste, and mix until well combined. If using erythritol your batter will likely be very thick.
- Whisk in the egg and mix until smooth or until thoroughly combined ( be aware that granular erythritol doesn’t readily dissolve). Mix in the rest of the ingredients and spoon the (very thick) batter into a mug.
- Place a paper towel into the microwave and set the mug on top (to catch any overflowing batter). Cook on high for 70-90 seconds (time varies based on your microwave). Allow to cool for a couple of minutes and enjoy!
- Serve with Keto vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and/or Lily’s Sweets dark chocolate.