Cheesy Chicken Poblano Casserole
A Mexican Inspired Casserole that the Whole Family will Enjoy!
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup tomato based salsa (I added a little more than 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups Sargento Mexican Cheese mix, shredded
- 3-4 medium poblano peppers (or next time I will use a 2 cans of green chilies)
- Combine the shredded chicken, salsa, sour creams, scallions, cilantro, 1-1/2 cups of Mexican cheese mix (reserve 1/2 cup of cheese for topping) in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Wash and spread the whole poblano peppers on a cookie sheet. Set under the oven broiler on high for about 3 minutes per side, or until the skin is blackened. Remove and cover with a clean towel for 10 minutes to steam and cool.
- Remove the towel and peel the skins from the peppers. Then gently chop the peppers after removing the seeds and pith.
- Mix poblano peppers into the chicken mixture and gently mix. Spoon into a casserole dish and sprinkle on the reserved cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 39 minutes or until bubbling. Remove and serve hot with additional sour cream, salsa, green onions and cilantro if desired.
2 thoughts on “Cheesy Chicken Poblano Casserole”
What an interesting post! Things can be so different from one person to another, but they can also be so very similar! Low Carb Keto Lifestyle, I have a question for you: when it comes to keeping a diet, what’s the hardest part? Where do most people fail?
I don’t know about most people but I have failed in the past because it was a diet and it was always short term. Now I look at it as a lifestyle and I don’t keep myself constantly thinking in the negative and trying to be sure to be strict. What are your thoughts?