Baked! Keto Apple Cider Donuts
Unbelievably soft and just 2g net carbs, these baked keto apple cider donuts will give you true fall flavors.
- 1-1//3 cup almond flour
- 6 Tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
- 2 Tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum or 4 teaspoons gold flaxseed meal
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup swerve or erythritol granular
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses (I used Grandmas molasses) or you could use a brown sugar replacement
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar free apple sauce (or you could use 2 teaspoons apple extract)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup sour cream For the Cinnamon Sugar coating
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter melted
- 1/3 cup swerve – granulated
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (I use 1 tsp) Special equipment
- donut pan or small muffin pan (think donut holes)
- pastry bag or plastic bag
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour (with coconut flour) a donut or muffin pan. (Mine has a non-stick surface so I didn’t have to do this step.
- Add almond flour, flaxseed meal, psyllium husk, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt to a medium bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined, set aside.
- Add sweetener, molasses and eggs to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 3-5 minutes until airy, thicker and lighter in color. With the mixer on, add in the applesauce, apple cider vinegar and butter.
- Add in the dry flour mixture in two parts, alternating with the sour cream. Continue to mix for a minute or two until fully incorporated and elastic (the batter will thicken as you mix).
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag or plastic bag (no tip needed). Cut out bottom of piping bag roughly 1 inch wide. Pipe out dough onto donut pan, wet your finger tip and smooth out where the ends meet (for a more even rise).
- Bake for 23-27 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Watch out after minute 15, and tent with aluminum foil if they begin to overbrown. The donuts will collapse a tad post bake, but don’t sweat it.
- Allow to rest in pan for 10 minutes before removing. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar coating.
- Store them at room temperature in an airtight container for 3 days or put in the freezer.