Keto Spicy Sausage and Cheddar Stuffing
Meet the new star of your Thanksgiving Day
- 1 recipe Cheesy Skillet Bread (posted on Monday)
- 12 ounces spicy Italian sausage (if you don’t like spicy – just use regular italian sausage)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- A day or two in advance, make the skillet bread and cube into 1/2 inch pieces. Preheat oven to 200F.
- Spread bread cubes on a large baking sheet and bake 2 to 3 hours, until well dried and crisp. Let sit out overnight to continue to dry.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add sausage; saute until just cooked through, about 6 minutes, breaking up large chunks with a wooden spoon.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a large bowl. Add celery, onion, garlic, sage, salt and pepper to skillet and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add to sausage.
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter a large 13×9 inch glass baking dish. Add cubed bread to sausage mixture. Add chicken broth and toss to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with cream and pour over mixture in bowl. Toss until well combined and transfer to prepared baking dish. Bake 35 minutes, uncovered, until top is crusty and browned.
Recipe Courtesy of All Day I Dream About Food