Low Carb Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler
Gooey low carb pumpkin pudding cake with a crusty caramelized pecan topping
- 1-1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup Swerve, granular
- 1/4 cup unflavored protein powder – I use vanilla protein powder and it works just as well
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract Topping
- 1/2 cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 teaspoon molasses – I used Grandma’s molasses
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup very hot (almost boiling) water
- Preheat the oven to 350deg F
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Swerve, protein powder, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir in the pumpkin puree, melted butter, almond milk and extract.
- Spread the batter in a ceramic or glass 8×8 baking dish. Place the baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Swerve and molasses. Mix well until the Swerve takes on a brown sugar appearance. Stir in the pecans.
- Sprinkle this mixture evenly over top of the batter. Then pour the hot water evenly over everything (do not stir, simply pour it over). Bake 35 to 45 minutes, until the cobbler is golden brown and set in the center.
Recipe Courtesy of Swerve.