Keto Cannoli Sheet Cake
Happiness is this creamy cannoli frosting on a tender keto vanilla cake. Impress all your friends.
- Sheet Cake
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup whey protein powder (I use vanilla protein powder)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Cannoli Cream Frosting
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta (room temperature)
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar free mini chocolate chips (or regular sugar free chocolate chips)
- Additional powdered sweetener for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a 10×15 jelly roll pan very well. You can also do this in a 11×17 pan but it will be thinner and will bake faster.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, coconut flour, whey protein, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the eggs, melted butter, water and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Spread the batter as evenly as possible int he prepared pan and bake 18 to 22 minutes, until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely. Cannoli Frosting:
- In a food processor or high powered blender, combine the ricotta and the cream cheese. Blend briefly until well combined. Add the sweetener, 1/4 cup of the heavy cream, and the vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat the remaining 1 cup of cream until it holds stiff peaks. Add the ricotta mixture and fold together until well combined. Spread over the cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and refrigerate at least 1 hour to set. Sprinkle with additional powdered sweetener just before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of All Day I dream About Food