Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
Rich and Creamy dip is stuffed into mushroom caps in this meatless appetizer treat!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon zantham gum
- 2 cups almond milk warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic minced
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts drained
- 9 ounce package spinach drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese shredded,
- 40 to 50 button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup pork rinds crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Finely chop stems.
- Cook stems 3 to 5 minutes in a dry pan.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Whisk in xantham gum and cook 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in almond milk.
- Add salt, red and black pepper. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until very thick. Remove from heat.
- Place garlic, artichokes, spinach and mushroom pieces in food processor and process until chopped fine.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Stir spinach mixture into milk mixture.
- Spoon 1/2 tablespoon mixture into mushroom caps.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.