Keto Walnut Coffee Cake
This keto walnut coffee cake is a bakery style cake with a walnut cinnamon swirl. An amazing low carb, sugar free brunch treat.
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup Swerve Brown
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 3/4 cup almond flour
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons whey protein powder (or egg white protein powder)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 to 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9-inch tube pan (aka angel food cake pan) well. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the walnuts, Swerve Brown and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the Swerve until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then beat in the vanilla extract, scraping down the beaters and the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until well combined. Then beat in 3/4 cup of the water. If the batter is quite thick, add additional water as necessary. The batter should be scoopable and spreadable but not quite pourable.
- Spread about half the batter in the prepared pan, and then sprinkle with half of the walnut mixture. Spread the remaining batter in the pan and sprinkle with the remaining walnut mixture.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes, until golden brown and just firm to the touch. A tester inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Remove and let cool in the pan, then run a sharp knife just around the edges to loosen and transfer to a plate.
Recipe Courtesy of alldayIdreamaboutfood.com