Keto King Ranch Chicken Soup
This cheesy keto chicken soup is so thick and cream. All the best flavors from King Ranch Chicken in a hearty slow cooker soup recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 large jalapeno, diced (I left this out)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 gloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum (optional thickens soup)
- 2 cups cheddar or colby jack, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- Add the chicken, tomatoes, and jalapenos to a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chili powder and cumin and cook another minute. Stir in all the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt and pepper, and the xantham gum if using to thicken the sauce. Pour over the chicken in slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker to high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- When the time is up, remove the chicken to a plate. Add the shredded cheese and the cream cheese to the slow cooker and replace the lid. Let melt 10 minutes, then use an immersion blender to blend everything together.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and stir back into the soup. Serve hot with chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and additional cheese if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of alldayIdreamaboutfood.com