Cheesy Skillet Bread
Easy low carb skillet bread with a wonderful crust of cheddar cheese.
- 1 tablespoon butter for the skillet
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 425F. Add 1 tablespoon butter to a 10-inch oven-proof skillet and place in oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, flax seed meal, baking powder, salt and 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Stir in the eggs, melted butter and almond milk until thoroughly combined.
- Remove hot skillet from oven (remember to put on your oven mitts) and swirl butter to coat sides.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar.
- Bake 160 to 20 minutes, or until btowned around the edges and set through the middle. Cheese on top should be nicely browned.
- Remove and let cool 15 minutes.