Keto Low Carb Lemon Bars
Sugar Free at it's best
- Shortbread Crust
- 2-1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 large egg (whisked)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract Lemon Filling
- 1/3 cup powdered Swerve (or Monk Fruit)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper, hanging over the sides.
- Make the filling first, because it must be ready to go immediately when the crust comes out of the oven. In a medium bowl, stir together almond flour and powdered sweetener.
- Whisk in the eggs, lemon juice and lemon zest, until smooth. Set aside.
- To make the crust, combine the almond flour, sweetener and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the melted coconut oil, then the egg and vanilla. The dough will be crumbly, but able to be pressed together.
- Press the dough into the lined pan. Bake for about 13 to 16 minutes, until firm and golden.
- Remove the crust from the oven, and immediately pour the filling over the crust.
- Return to the oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until filling is set, but still soft.
- Cool completely on the counter, without moving or cutting. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing.
Recipe Courtesy of WholesomeYum.com