Low Carb Tagalong Bars
A delicious sugar-free treat that tastes just like the famous Girl Scout cookie!
- 1-1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled and cut into small pieces Peanut Butter Caramel Filling
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (can use caramel extract if you have it) Chocolate Topping
- 3 ounces sugar free dark chocolate (such as Lily’s) chopped or use the chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F. combine almond flour, butter , sweetener and salt in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Sprinkle the butter over and continue to pulse until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of an 8-inch square pan and bake 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Set aside and let cool. Peanut Butter Filling:
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the peanut butter and butter and melt on high until it can be stirred to a smooth mixture, about 1 minutes. Stir in the powdered sweetener until well combined and then whisk in the cream and the extract.
- Pour over cooled crust and spread evenly with an offset spatula. Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes. Chocolate Topping:
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chopped chocolate and the butter. (you can use the same bowl as with mixing the peanut butter)
- Heat on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth. Be careful not to overheat and make your chocolate seize.
- Spread over the chilled filling. Let set at room temperature for about 1 hour.
Recipe Courtesy of AllDayIdreamaboutfood