For the Keto ‘oreo’ crust
- 3 tablespoons amond flour
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons powdered swerve
- 1/8 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
- kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons melted grass-fed butter
For the Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2-1/2 tablespoons sour cream plus more for serving (optional on the serving side)
- 5 tablespoons cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons powdered swerve (I used 2)
- 2-4 tablespoon cocoa powder to taste (I used 2)
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
For the keto ‘oreo’ crust
- Lightly toast almond flour ina dry skillet or pan over medium heat, until fully golden and fragrant (2-4 minutes). this is very important taste-wise, so don’t skip!
- Transfer toasted almond flour to a small bowl and mix in cocoa, sweetener, coffee and salt. Add in butter, mix until thoroughly combined. Press into serving glass or dish and refrigerate while you make the cheesecake.
For the keto chocolate cheesecake
- Add sour cream to a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until whipped (2-3 minutes). Set aside.
- Add cream cheese and butter to a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fully creamed. Add vanilla extract, sweetener, cocoa (to taste) and coffee. Beat until just combined.
- Fold in whipped sour cream. Pipe or spoon cheesecake mixture into the oreo crust lined glass. Freeze for 20-30 minutes or refrigerate for a couple hours (or overnight). Keep in the fridge for up to 4 days, and in the freezer afterwards.
Recipe Courtesy of gnom-gnom.com