Low Carb Keto Lemon Meringue Pie
Light and bright sugar-free dessert, with 3g net carbs!
- Flakiest keto Pie Crust
- See recipe link below Lemon Filling
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Powdered Swerve
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest or zest from one lemon
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 tablespoons butter Meringue
- 4 large egg whites (room temperature)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve
- Make pie crust at link below recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Separate egg yolks and egg whites into two separate bowls. Sugar-Free Lemon Filling
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, powdered Swerve, and lemon zest, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Whisk in egg yolks and return saucepan to medium heat.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes, until filling starts to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of butter at a time, waiting until melted before adding more. Whisk in lemon juice and xanthan gum until dissolved, and pour into pie crust. Keto Meringue
- Beat egg whites and cream of tarter using a hand or stand mixer, until stiff peaks form. Slowly fold in powdered Swerve until well mixed.
- Add the meringue to the top of the pie in small dollops. Smooth over the top, making swirls with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until meringue is golden brown.
- Allow pie to cool for 20 minutes then refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.