Keto Yellow Squash Casserole
Tender squash, gooey cheese and crunchy pork rinds make this a memorable side dish or a hearty main course.
- 4 cups sliced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 bag of original pork rinds (12-16 ounces) pulverized
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place squash and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in a small amount of water. Cover, and cook until squash is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well, and place in a large bowl.
- Ina medium bowl, mix together pork rinds and cheese. Stir half of the pork rinds mixture into the cooked squash and onions. In a small bowl, mix together eggs and milk, then add to squash mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper. Spread into a 9×13 inch backing dish. Sprinkle with remaining pork rind mixture, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.