Keto Black Forest Cake
This dreamy keto black forest cake recipe is made sheet cake style, for a delicious and easy low carb dessert.
- Cherry Filling
- 3/4 cup pitted fresh cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 3/4 teaspoon cherry extract Cake
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water Whipped Cream Frosting
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cherry extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract Garnish Ideas
- Fresh cherries (whole or halved)
- Sugar-free chocolate sprinkles
- Shaved dark chocolate
- Cherry Filling
- Ina medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the cherries, raspberries, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the berries can be easily mashed with a fork, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the powdered sweetener and the cherry extract. Set aside. Cake
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a 15 by 10 inch jelly roll pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment and grease the parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the eggs, butter, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup water until well combined. If the batter is overly thick, stir in more water 1 tablespoon at a time. The batter should be spreadable but not quite pourable.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan, and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until the top is firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely in the pan.
- Once cool, spread the cherry filling evenly over the top of the cake, spreading out the cherry bits as evenly as possible. Whipped Cream Frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the cream, sweetener, cherry extract and vanilla extract. Beat until the cream holds stiff peaks.
- Spread about 3/4 of the whipped cream over the cake, as evenly as possible. Use the remaining cream to pipe rosettes decoratively on the top of the cake.az
Recipe Courtesy of alldayidreamaboutfood.com