Parmesan Crusted Fresh Atlantic Haddock
A new way of making fried fish that is healthier for you.
- 4 ea 5-6ounce Haddock fillets
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Cauliflower rice Parmesan Crust:
- 1/2 cup Ground pork rinds
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, pre-shredded Parmesan Base:
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, pre-shredded
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, dried
- 10 oz Prepared, refrigerated Alfredo Sauce Parmesan Cream Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup Chardonnay wine, option
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with Non-stick cooking spray. Place the 4 haddock filets in the dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground pork rinds and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese to make the crust for the topping. Set aside.
- To assemble the Parmesan Base, place 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, parsley and the prepared Alfredo Sauce in a medium bowl and stir well. Remove 1/2 cup of the mixture (reserving the rest to make the Parmesan Cream Sauce) and brush onto the 4 pieces of Haddock, making a thick, even covering on the fish. Evenly sprinkle the Parmesan Crust on top of the fish. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until fish reaches 140-150 degrees internally and the crus is golden brown.
- While the fish is baking, make the Parmesan Cream Sauce. Place the remaining Parmesan Base in a medium saucepan, add the fresh basil, wine and Half-and-Half and heat over medium heat until the sauce is simmering, stirring often.
- Cook the cauliflower rice and drain.
- Pour the Parmesan Cream Sauce over the Cauliflower rice and mix together. Serve with the Parmesan Crusted Haddock. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.