Keto Beef Stew
A hearty stew that fills your tummy with warmth and joy!
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast, cut into 1″ pieces
- Pink Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot peeled and cut into rounds
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary
- Pat beef dry with paper towels and season well with salt and pepper. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Working in batches, add beef and sear on all sides until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from pot and repeat with remaining beef, adding more oil as necessary.
- To same pot, add mushrooms and cook until golden and crispy, 5 minutes. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add tomato paste and stir to coat vegetables.
- Add broth, thyme, rosemary, and beef to pot and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until beef is tender, 50 minutes to an hour.