Pork Medallions with Cranberry-Onion Relish
Ready in just 30 minutes, this pork tenderloin dish will please the whole family.
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup pork rinds, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- non cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Trim fat from pork. Cut pork crosswise into eight slices. Place each slice between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, lightly pound pork to 1/4 inch thickness. Discard plastic wrap.
- Salt and pepper pork. Put crushed pork rinds in a shallow dish. Dip pork slices into pork rinds, turning to coat. Coat a heavy large skillet with cooking spray. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Add four pork slices to hot oil; cook 33 to 4 minutes or until pork is slightly pink in center, turning once halfway through cooking time. Transfer pork to a serving platter; cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining four pork slices.
- In the same skillet cook onion over medium heat about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl combine cranberries, broth and vinegar; carefully add to skillet. Heat through. Serve onion mixture over pork slices.