Slow-Cooker Chipotle Chicken Stew
Flavorful and easy to make
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2″ pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 15 ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped, plus 1 tablespoon sauce from the can
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup frozen corn (if keto leave this out)
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, torn
- Put the chicken in a 6 to 8 quart slow cooker and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt and few grinds of pepper.
- Add the onion, tomatoes, chipotle and adobo sauce, oregano, the remaining 1 teaspoon cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook on low until the chicken is tender and the sauce is slightly thickened, about 7 1/2 hours.
- Add the corn and stir until warmed through.
- Serve with toppings such as cheese, avocado and cilantro and warm keto tortillas.