I just finished reading an article on how to melt pounds faster. One of the tips that it gives is to “Munch on more produce by paying with cash”. LOL
The philosophy behind it is if you are paying with cash you are much more careful of what you put into your cart. If you’re like me you know how much money you have to spend on groceries each week. If you spend it on cookies, or tempting stuff that isn’t in your lifestyle then you will overspend on junk instead of high fiber veggies, or nuts or avocados or healthy ingredients to make some of our low carb keto lifestyle snack choices below.
A study in the Journal of Consumer Research found this reins in impulse junk-food purchases, helping you stock up on significantly more healthy foods than if you paid with a credit card.
I have compiled 5 of my top choices to make from veggies and protein and helathy ingredients. You can make ahead and store in a plastic bag or container and have snacks all week.
- Unreal Faux-Tatoes Chips that are keto, paleo and low carb. Can you believe these are radish chips. Get the recipe at Food.com
- Low Carb Tortilla Chips – No lifestyle is complete without chips and guacamole. Try them you will love them. Get the recipe at gnom-gnom.
- Garlic Cheddar Cheese Crisps only require two ingredients – cheddar cheese and garlic powder or you can use whatever cheese you have and whatever spices you want. Get the recipe at 730SageStreet
- Pepperoni chips – so simple to make if you love pepperoni. Get the recipe at WholesomeYum
- Salt & Vinegar Cucumber Chips are made easy with a dehydrator baking overnight so you have fresh chips in the morning. Get the recipe at LowCarbYum
So the next time you go to the grocery store and want some snacks – take cash and buy some ingredients for the above items. You won’t regret it.