Keto Cinnamon Bun Muffins
No need to miss out on those cinnamon bun flavors, even if you're following a keto diet plan.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons toasted finely shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners erytrhitol sweetener (Swerve)
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup half-and-half, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated erythritol sweetener Cream Cheese Icing:
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioners’ erythritol sweetener
- For the muffins: Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk together the almond flour, flax seed meal, coconut, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and 1-1/2 teaspoons of the cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the coconut oil and confectioners’ erythritol sweetener in a separate large bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking to combine. Whisk in the half-and-half and vanilla. Add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet and whisk until well combined (the batter will be very runny).
- Using a measuring cup or cookie scoop, divide the batter among the paper liners (they should be slightly more than three-quarters full). Stir together the walnuts, granulated erythritol sweetener and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the batter in the paper liners.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of a muffin. 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, then remove the muffins to a wire rack fitted inside a baking sheet to cool completely.
- For the cream cheese icing: Whisk together the cream cheese, cream and confectioners’ erythritol sweetener in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 15 seconds to loosen. Drizzle over the cooled muffins before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Food Network